Tone issue with S2 and iPhone 12 Pro /iOS 14.3

• 6 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I am having with S2 and an iPhone 12 pro with iOS 14.3.  The issue I am having is that when I leave S2 open the notification sound for text messages and when I close the phone are extremely low, barely audible.  The is no issue with the notification sound for the phone.  When I close S2 (remove from memory) the sounds for text messages and when I close the phone are normal.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Grayhair,

Welcome to the Sonos Community and thanks for bringing your concern to our attention.

To help you out with this, I'd like to ask a few questions.

• When did the issue start happening?
  • Is it the same when you use your other streaming applications?
  • Do you experience the issue while streaming on a specific music service or on all your music services?
  • Have you checked for Sonos app updates on your device?
  • Have you tried resetting the Sonos app?
    • Settings > App Preferences > Reset App.
    • Follow the steps provided on the app
    • Open the Sonos app and connect to your existing system
    • Check if you will encounter the same
  • Have you tried uninstalling the Sonos app?
    • Uninstall the Sonos app from your iOS device
    • Turn off your iOS device for 2 to 3 minutes
    • Reinstall the Sonos app
    • Open the Sonos app and connect to your existing system
    • Check if you will encounter the same
  • Do you experience the same on other mobile devices?

Please let us know how it goes and we’ll wait for your reply. If the issue is still the same, I'll be requesting a diagnostic report submitted from your mobile device for us to check, and don't forget to include the confirmation number in your response.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.