Tidal songs grayed out

• 18 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi all
I’m trying to play Tarantino's soundtrack and it appears that some songs in album are grayed out. I'm trying to do that on Tidal from inside the Sonos app on my iPhone. In the same time that songs(full album) are perfectly playable on this device directly from Tidal. It's not my playlist just album.

The same on the Android device and in some other albums.

Why? It's a huge disappointment. I've got few more days to return the speaker.

Can anybody help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KubaG 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

The contents of the Tidal container in the Sonos app are entirely down to Tidal themselves. It is strange that there’s a difference in what’s available, however. Although it all comes from Tidal, most services maintain separate servers for serving to Sonos systems, which may explain how there is a difference in what’s available on your phone, but not why.

Are you playing the album from the My Sonos section of our app? If so, it might be an idea to remove that favourite and recreate it by finding the album in Tidal again.

If that doesn’t help, can you try searching for the individual tracks that are missing and see if you can play them that way? Thanks.

Hi Corry.
I’m more old fashion guy. I like to listen whole albums-dont want to search for each song.
I'm just pressing search in Sonos, type album name and want it just played. 

Pls have a look on attached photos. Search, details and in comparison Tidal’s screen(in different order).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @KubaG 

I’m more old fashion guy. I like to listen whole albums-dont want to search for each song.
I'm just pressing search in Sonos, type album name and want it just played. 

I’m exactly the same so I completely understand.

We are trying to troubleshoot, however, so I would appreciate it if you could try - not as a solution, but as a fact-finding experiment.

Given what you’re seeing in the app, however, and that you’re not using a marked favourite, I suspect Tidal will be able to help you more than we can - they are wholly responsible for what is available to you, or not, on their service.

I would recommend that you first try removing Tidal from Sonos and add it back on again - that might fix things.

Remove a music service account from Sonos

Add a music service to Sonos