Question

Tidal connection errors and slow speaker response

• 18 June 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Diagnostics: 1732265636

Took an age to group 2 zones (common for years now), even syncing the volumes is a pain. Kicked off a Tidal playlist and after some seconds it finally started along with a connection error warning.

As background. I have no issue at all with Tidal account or my home WiFi on other devices. Some requiring low latency and stable bandwidth (e.g. gaming)

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Slow response is a good indicator of some potential
wifi interference with those speakers, as the controller has difficulty maintaining a connection to the speaker and getting a response back from it.

But if nothing in that link helps, I'd consider a quick reset of your LAN. Unplug your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices, and see if response time is back to normal.

Note that each different stream has differing tolerances for connection issues, this might be why Tidal is working fine, but other things aren't.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thanks for the response and information.

I did all those things (many times) and maybe I just have to live with wifi interference. I have to use a mesh wifi setup as I don't have wired networks in the place I live. This probably all adds to the wifi interference. As a last ditch I could try wiring the 2 speakers to a switch connected to one of the mesh points. At least that will disable their in-built wifi...

Still hoping Sonos check out my diagnostic...