Answered

The Sonos controller failed to install

• 22 June 2017
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
I'm currently running version 7.2 but when the new update for 7.3 arrived I try to update only to receive a notice saying "Update Failed. The Sonos controller failed to install. The rest of the update cannot continue".

I have tried various other options such as repairing and uninstalling Sonos but when I try either of these two options, I receive a message "Another install is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install."

Does anyone know how I can upgrade from 7.2 to 7.3?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 22 June 2017, 04:15

What OS are you running? Have you tried rebooting after deleting the installation, and then after the reboot re downloading and installing?
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

What OS are you running? Have you tried rebooting after deleting the installation, and then after the reboot re downloading and installing?
Userlevel 1
Have this issue EVERY controller update. It is annoying, tiresome and concerning. Along with also having my components mysteriously disappear from the network. And don't get me started on the issues with their Pandora integration - instead of having one app that controls it well I now have 2 apps that perform poorly
Userlevel 2
I have had this same problem since early in 2018 (or whenever the latest update was issued). I am running Windows 7. I can no longer use this laptop to control Sonos. One of the few advantages to Sonos over HEOS in my opinion is the Windows controller. Guess I will stick with HEOS for now until someone at SONOS figures this out.