Answered

"The Connection to Spotify was lost" errors. Diagnostics ID included

• 28 December 2021
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Diagnostics: 780386798

Like seemingly many others, I have a problem playing back music from Spotify. Every once in a while I get the error “The connection to Spotify was lost”, and then the song skips, tries to play the next in the playlist, and usually fails that as well.

My setup is as follows:

• I have 3x Symfonisk speakers in an apartment of around 100sqm
  • All three speakers use wifi. None are connected by ethernet cable
  • Every other device in the house works flawlessly on our wifi. I can download at rates of several hundred MB/s anywhere in my home. Our Chromecast never exhibits the least hiccups. I’ve verified that there is no packet loss and very low latency, and no routing problems, no duplicate IP addresses on the network or anything else, and the wifi signal strength is excellent.
  • I even upgraded our wifi router (which was doing a fine job for everything else) to a three-node wifi mesh solely because Sonos seems to use exceptionally poor wifi antennae, or for whatever other reason seems to see network problems where no other product does.

And still the problem persists.

It seems to happen more frequently when playing music to all three speakers, while playing on a single speaker *usually* works.

I realize that many others have posted about this problems, and gotten fairly vague responses (sometimes that Sonos is investigating, sometimes that Sonos considers the issue closed, sometimes no response at all, sometimes suggestions to reboot the router or other advice which just sound a lot like “we have no idea what’s going wrong”.

So I’m hoping for something a bit more concrete. Is this just an issue we should learn to live with? Or is there a timeframe for when we should expect it to be fixed?
Is there anything we can do on our end to work around the problem?

Thanks in advance

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 28 December 2021, 21:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Note the connection speed of the internet is somewhat irrelevant, as is the fact other devices connect to the internet okay. Its more about SSDP multicast/broadcast discovery and unicast. 

As you have switched to a mesh based WiFi network system. I would perhaps read this thread (see below link) that was started by Sonos Staff, as it has some helpful points, not least to maybe run your setup on SonosNet, instead of your WiFi mesh signal, as you ‘may’ find that will improve things:

Sonos on WiFi Mesh