Answered

“the connection to spotify was lost”

• 28 May 2021
  • 2 replies

for the last few days, anytime I try to play any song from Spotify in my Sonos speaker, I get the error “unable to play {song title} - the connection to Spotify was lost”. I have seen other posts about this error message, but they seem to mostly either be attributed to a local network issue or a temporary outrage. I am fairly confident that this is not attributable to a local network issue, because the problem is consistent on Spotify but does not happen for other streaming services. It also does not seem to be a temporary outage since this has been going on for several days now.

The issue is isolated to one of the two speakers in my Sonos system.

What else could cause this? I’ve tried disconnecting and reconnecting the Shopify account to no avail, and don’t know what to try next.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 31 May 2021, 14:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I have a diagnostic code - 1098480545

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @bpapillon 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Sorry for the delay - as you had replied to yourself, your topic wasn’t flagged as one needing a reply.

We are still investigating a Spotify playback issue with Spotify, so you may well be getting affected by this.

I do see some DNS errors in your diagnostics, however. Please switch your router and Sonos units off for at least 30 seconds. Turn on the router first and wait for WiFi before turning the Sonos units back on.

Changing your WiFi channel be static on channel 11 may improve things too.

I hope this helps.