Answered

The computer XXXX cannot be found

• 26 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi everyone,

Just bought a Move.

When I want to add my music libraries to the Sonos app, I get an error message saying ‘Sonos was unable to add the music folder.  Reason:  the computer xxxx (my computer name) cannot be found.

I found almost 10 articles on the web about this, no solutions.

I use BitDefender for my firewall, and have checked that all ports are open for sonos.

Any help much appreciated.

Bennie

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 March 2021, 14:51

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You are very welcome!

Thanks @Corry P , much appreciated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BennieN 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Are you still having this problem? If so, here are a few pointers::

1. Make sure Windows thinks your network is a Home/Office Private network, and not a Public one. Windows (or Start) Menu » Settings » Network & Internet » Ethernet/WiFi » [click on Network] » Private
  2. Make sure Sonos can gain access to your files - right-click your parent music folder, Properties » Security » Edit » Add » type Everyone » OK » ensure Everyone has Full Control ticked » OK
  3. Open Windows Task Manager and click More Details (if needed). Then look for sonoslibraryservice.exe under Processes » Background Tasks. If it’s not there, please uninstall and reinstall the Sonos app.
  4. Make sure the sonoslibraryservice.exe file has access opened in your Firewall exceptions.

If you’re still having problems, please get in touch with our technical support team so they can address this issue for you.

Many thanks @controlav

Word-Class Superstar - I like it!

PC.  I’m entering a path like this C:\Users\bennie\Music\Test Music for sonos

IT’s on the PC itself, and I get the error even with BItDefender firewall disabled.

I managed to get through to Sonos Support yesterday, spoke with someone very incompetent, have now escalated - watch this space.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Mac or PC? What exactly are you entering as the path to your music? Is the music on your Mac/PC itself or on a NAS or other network device?