Terrible experience with sonos support.

• 5 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Over the weekend my Sonos Roam stop working without any apparent reason and noting I tried can wake up device. It was all the time on Sonos wireless charger and was working fine and just suddenly stopped. I tried everything, charging with all charges I have at home 5v/2a. Only way to make it react at all was to plug it in. Red light shows and that is it. I tried 12s reset procedure but it did not help. I tried factory reset no response. So finally decided to contact support. 

At first all was looking normal. They were asking me to do all sorts of things that I already tried. I was thinking this is normal as they need to eliminate all possible solutions. I had to stop first conversation  to take a video first support person was asking me to do. After I called back second person was asking me to do more of the same and ended up with asking me to charge my speaker for an hour. I already said I did that but was thinking fine let's do that. After 1 hour third person replied to my call telling me that previous person will contact me again. I waited for couple of hours and called again. Now new person started with same questions and it ended with me waiting for half hour before somebody just hanged up on me. I then called agen and told them that I already did everything they asked me to do and that speaker is unresponsive. I demanded they start returning procedure. 

It was terrible experience.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I was looking for solution on the forum and it looks like my problem is actually happening to other people too. Originally I thought this was defect with my unit but it looks like software issue that can brick your speaker. If undocumented 12s button holding reset does not help you will have to return it back to Sonos.