Answered

Taking a speaker off of Sononet?

• 5 January 2019
  • 3 replies

After just having a One in our kitchen area, we got a Beam+2 Play:1s for our living room area. I plugged the Beam into Ethernet, which created the Sononet setup, but now the One has some quality/audio cutting out issues, both while the Beam is playing content, and otherwise, and I suspect it's because it's some distance away from the living room. Is there a way to have it connect back to the home wi-fi, while Sonosnet serves the living room area?
icon

Best answer by Smilja 5 January 2019, 06:21

I guess that you didn't remove the WiFi password after switching to SonosNet:

Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos app for iOS or Android: From the More menu, tap Settings > Advanced Settings > Wireless Setup. On the Wireless Setup screen, click the button that says "Reset". Then click "Done" on the next screen.

I didn't, no (I didn't actually know that plugging the Beam into ethernet would create a sonosnet setup). But what I'm trying to do is push my kitchen One back onto my home wifi network, and off the sonosnet.
I didn't, no (I didn't actually know that plugging the Beam into ethernet would create a sonosnet setup). But what I'm trying to do is push my kitchen One back onto my home wifi network, and off the sonosnet.
And yet the title of this thread is "Taking a speaker off of Sononet?"

That's not possible. Either remove the password from the system or switch back to a WiFi setup, if you think that your WiFi is more stable than SonosNet.