Answered

System working but poor network matrix. Assessment needed

• 13 January 2021
  • 2 replies

My network seems to be working quite well.  I recently added a new Play One SL and was curious about my Sonos network so I pulled up the network matrix.  My Living Room (LF, RF), Living Room (SW) and Deck are connected via ethernet.  Deck is actually a Connect:AMP that sits near my server cabinet.  None of the other speakers are on WiFi except for the move.  I connect them to ethernet to setup and that is it.

I assume the red boxes are bad.  What can I do to improve that?

icon

Best answer by buzz 14 January 2021, 05:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The red is usually local RF noise, not always from a radio equipped product. My problem device was a simple WD hard drive that needed to be a meter from my speaker for music to play well.

It’s good that Deck is wired because the Noise Floor is too high for practical wireless support. I agree with Stanley_4 that something near Deck is polluting the area. You may also have something near Living Room. Cable boxes or streaming boxes can sometimes cause issues.