Question

System won't connect although working with TV

• 4 February 2017
  • 3 replies

My sonos system is set up to provide surround sound for my TV. I only did this a couple of weeks ago when I added a sub to my existing system. The sound works fine when I turn on the TV. However, for the last few days my sonos app on my PC and android phone shows no player is connected and I can't play any music at all. When I open the app it says I need to add at least one player. However, when I go through the steps it can't detect any players (which are already operating as they continue to work for TV sound). I've tried restarting my router and all related equipment several times. I've removed and reinstalled the app. However I can't use the apps or play music. Can anyone advise other things I should try? I'm completely stuck given the software won't recognise any players (and really missing my music).

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I have the exact same problem! The playbar and sub is playing throug the tv but i cant connect the phone or laptop.. i have tried everything!
My problem started when i update the softwear
I've managed to fix it by changing internet channels manually from 11 to 1 then re-doing set-up. Hopefully this will be stable.