Answered

System turns volume up by it self

• 19 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi, 

I see this issue have been around a while but I guess it keeps happening. 

I just purchased the arc, sub and two Sonos SL and I was listening to music through Spotify. I adjusted the volume down and turned the screen of and put my phone in my pocket. The volume increased fast and reached 100% within a few seconds. Both me and my daughter had a scare (however, she cried more than me). Now, I capped the volume seeing as I want my kid to grow up being able to hear But it seems as using the spotify-app is not entirely stable. Had the same problem once again today. 

Speakers are up to date, Sonos and Spotify as well. Running ios 15. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 October 2021, 15:53

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Also, a second issue I’ve noticed it that when I try to adjust volume from the Lock Screen in my iPhone it goes down to 0% and I have to unlock my phone and adjust volume in the Sonos app. 

Might help Sonos help you if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

I have had an Arc for about a year and I just experienced the same problem with the volume automatically increasing to 100.  It would go up a part way, the I would turn it back down, then it would go up again.  I finally unplugged the Arc and that seems to have fixed the problem.  No apps open on my phone.  It is plugged into a Roku TV, but I think this is a Sonos issue. 

If it happens again I will look into sending a system diagnostic.

Without a diagnostic, it’s hard to tell if the Sonos was responding to a signal from the TV via ARC, a command from Sonos software, or from a third party system, such as IFTT or Apple’s Home system. 

So far, there’s not been a case of it being a Sonos issue, reported in these forums, at least. All resolved cases have ended up pointing at some outside system.  Which does not absolve Sonos from the potential from being wrong, but the possibility is remote. 

If it does happen again, submitting a diagnostic is pretty much the only ‘sure’ way of figuring it all out. 

That’s what I thought as well at first, that it was an outside system or the TV.  I used to work at Roku and knew their TV software fairly well.  I checked to see if there were any iPhone apps open, and even took the batteries out of the Roku remote, which didn’t help.  We don’t have any other home systems here (Apple, Amazon, Nest, IFTT, etc) unless a Lutron light switch counts. We have had the same TV/soundbar configuration for a year now.  Anyway, restarting the Arc fixed it, but I am not 100% sure it was an Arc problem either.