Answered

System split and missing products!

• 25 September 2021
  • 3 replies

My set up is Play1, Play3 and Connect running on S1.

Recently i was experiencing issues with Play 1 and Play3 dropping out.

I thought that Connect might be the issue, so turned it off and tried to connect both Plays via Wifi direct to Router. 

What happened next was that my system somehow “split into two”. Under my login in app i can see Play3 but can’t see Play1 or can’t even add it in. If i log out of my account i can see Play1 but can’t see or add Play3.

Is there a way how to reset the whole system and start over? Or any other suggestions?

It is driving me crazy.

icon

Best answer by buzz 26 September 2021, 19:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I suspect that you Factory Reset something, then added it as a new system setup. In general, as you have discovered, Factory Reset usually complicates the issue.

This may seem like the a messy approach, but it is the most likely to succeed: Power down the PLAY:1 and PLAY:3, then wire CONNECT to the network and power it up. If CONNECT is now visible, power up one of the other units. It’s a 50/50 shot that the other unit will be visible and you’ll have an operating two player system. If you picked the wrong unit, power it down and power up the other unit.

If (and only if) you now have an operating two player system and your Music Library and music service registrations are intact, Factory Rest the third unit and add it to your system as a “New” unit. This scheme will keep your music service registrations and Music Library setup intact. If you will be using the WiFi communication arrangement, make sure that the WiFi credentials are correct before disconnecting anything from the network. After you update the WiFi credentials, allow a couple minutes for this to propagate to all of the units.

Thanks buzz. I will try your suggestion. I think i did try something similar in the past which got me here. Lets see. 😀

Whats confusing me that if i log out of my account i can see Play1 (no account logged in) but under my account Play3.

If you go to Settings -->System --> About My System I think that you’ll find that there are two different Sonos ID’s.