System sounds don't respect volume limit

• 6 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve set the volume limit relatively low on a Sonos Move (20%), because of a toddler that thinks the only way to listen to music is turned all the way up.

This is great and fantastic, until I go to put the speaker in sleep mode. It seems to look at the current volume level, think, “ah yes, 100%”, and then blasts its little sleep chime with all its  force, usually startling us.

Is there a way to make the system chimes respect the volume limit?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hey @who gnu, welcome to the community.

I just tried this myself and I have to agree, that’s very startling! I’ve raised this with our engineering team to see whether this is expected behaviour or not.

There is one suggestion I can make that might help your particular situation though. I suggest disabling the touch controls on your Move to prevent little hands from mashing the playback and volume controls.

You can do this by going to Settings → System → Move → Touch controls and setting the toggle to Off.

This would mean all control of the speaker is done through the app, so the little one can tap away at will and the volume wouldn’t increase. This lets you remove the volume limit and return the system sounds to a more reasonable level.

I hope this helps :relaxed: