Answered

System not showing after accepting "Upgrade" offer Help!

• 18 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi there!

I logged in to my account today, to check my System specs, because I wanted to by a Roam, to add to my current setup. [2 X Play:1 and 1 X Play:3].

I saw “Upgrade” next to my System items, and assumed that this was a software upgrade. I hit “Upgrade” and did not realise that this was for something else. Now, all 3 of my devices have disappeared from my System. 

So, does anyone know how to reverse this? I have no idea what I have just done, and I feel a bit pissed off and misled here by Sonos. Has anyone else had the same experience? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 July 2021, 21:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Use or checking of the upgrade should have zero affect on being able to access your system, if I were to guess, it’s more likely some sort of network issue, most likely some sort of wifi interference .

Beyond the suggestions in the linked FAQ, I’d also try a simple network reset. Unplug all Sonos devices from power, and while they’re unplugged, reboot your router. One person the router comes back up, plug back in your Sonos devices to power. 

If that doesn’t work, connect a single Sonos device to your router with an Ethernet cable, wait a few minutes, then open the controller to see if they show up. 

I have updated the S2 app to the most recent version (Apple & Android) and my Sonos Roam has disappeared, what is the fix?

Two month old thread you’ve resurrected.  

I would recommend unplugging all Sonos devices from power. Turn the Roam all the way ‘off’, not just in ‘sleep’ mode. Then reboot your router. Once the router comes back up, power back on your Sonos devices, including the Roam.