Answered

System Not Found on Mac after Attempted Update

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 10 replies

Hello,

I have an older Mac (mid-2011) and just attempted a controller update and this is second consecutive update where things have not gone right.  The update did not complete and I got a fail message flash and then it said update done but system was not found.  This happened last update as well and I powered off computer, cycled power on router and cycled power on the Sonos Boost.  I have a wireless connection from Mac and no Sonos speakers connected to router.  I keep cycling router but cant get controller on Mac to recognize system.  App is working fine on iPhone.  Any help or advice is appreciated.  Would like to have clean updates is future again.

icon

Best answer by epie 6 June 2021, 05:43

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

S1 or S2?

What router/network system do you use?

Have you tried wiring both the Mac and the Sonos to the router?

Also, have you deleted the Sonos controller from your Mac, and downloaded and installed a fresh copy directly from Sonos, and not anywhere else?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello - Thank you for your response.  I am running S2 with a new Verizon router.  I did a little more digging and saw that some were having issues with Sophos blocking updates and controller.  I shut off Sophos on desktop and then closed and re-opened controller on Mac and it re-connected.  i never had this issue with Sophos before so not sure what is going on between Sonos updates and Sophos updates but they dont seem to be playing nice.  I’ll have to remember this when next update comes through.

You may want to reach out to Sophos with your concerns, then, since it isn’t a Sonos issue.