Answered

System not found on Android

• 18 February 2021
  • 5 replies

We cannot get our sonos system working with our android phones. We have 2x sonos one sl speakers, and we were looking to expand, but we can not connect to our sonos system from our android phones. We daily reset our router, restore to factor settings on sonos speakers, but after the initial setup on connecting the speakers to our system, we loose connection, and the sonos app cannot find our system and speakers. We have tried everything from reinstalling sonos app, reset ting our router, factory settings on speakers, and yes the speakers and phones are on the same stable WiFi with maximum signal. We have No option for wired settings. This issue with No detection to sonos system from the app is extremly frustration. Anyone Who could help? Ty in advance

This has lasted for two months now. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 19 February 2021, 17:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Do you have a mesh network? 

Were the speakers unplugged while you rebooted the router?

Have you tried wiring on of the speakers to the router with an Ethernet cable?

Factory resetting erases any potential information that might help Sonos help you, but I would still recommend you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available for them to assist you.

Thank you for the reply. The network is a standard WIFI 2.4, with only a  wifi repeater. No mesh network. To me it seems like its the android app, thats messing things up. I have both tried to unplug speakers before and during rebooted router, factory settings on speakers and repeatetly reinstallation of the sonos android app. When i install the app, it quickly says “You are now connected to Sonos”, when i connect to an existing system. Then when i open the app next time, as the screen with “set up new system/use existing” wont let me continue, i’m back with “Can not connect to system” and the account, system, services etc. remains blank. 

I will try and call the phone folks, again thank you for the reply. 

Kind regards

It seems likely that the WiFi repeater is breaking your network in two segments, and the phone is connected to one, and the Sonos is connected to the other. I’ll be interested to hear what the Sonos folks say when you speak to them. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply, but my network is not broken down into two segments. When searching for wifi, it only shows one line. Have checked it with all my other products.

Futhermore, we experience, that after we lost connection to Sonos system through our app, the speakers continue to play, even though we can’t access them. When we turn down the volume on the speakers for inactivity mode, they later just continue from our playlist withous us being able to control it from the app. Its just overall a really dissapointing experience with Sonos One SL. We had hopes for a stable system, that was accessible :( 

We cannot get our sonos system working with our android phones. We have 2x sonos one sl speakers, and we were looking to expand, but we can not connect to our sonos system from our android phones. We daily reset our router, restore to factor settings on sonos speakers, but after the initial setup on connecting the speakers to our system, we loose connection, and the sonos app cannot find our system and speakers. We have tried everything from reinstalling sonos app, reset ting our router, factory settings on speakers, and yes the speakers and phones are on the same stable WiFi with maximum signal. We have No option for wired settings. This issue with No detection to sonos system from the app is extremly frustration. Anyone Who could help? Ty in advance

This has lasted for two months now. 

I’m having the exact same issue, add to that now that the Alexa feature doesn’t work. Just acknowledges the command and nothing happens. I’m not very techy, I have a standard WIFI network and nothing else gives me any issues. It’s odd as my macbook can find the device all the time, but my android app might work for a week and break again, but this time it’s completely lost it. Tried calling Sonos but obviously they aren’t on the phones. I essentially have a £200 paper weight. These problems all stem from the new controller. It’s appalling.