Answered

System keeps disappearing from app

• 17 February 2021
  • 3 replies

This would be the fourth time that I am completely reinstalling my system. I have two Sonos Ones, and a subwoofer. It seems that whenever the app updates, or in this instance where I got a new phone… My entire world transfers over to the New phone, but for whatever reason my Sonos network and system is completely disappeared from the app. This is the fourth time this is happened. I’ve gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, I’ve reset my networks, then all that, this has become incredibly frustrating. Does anybody have any suggestions as to the reason for this occurrence?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 8 March 2021, 16:21

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Ericfoxny.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

If you can't use your Sonos system at all and your app is showing an error message such as "We can't connect to Sonos," see our article Your Sonos system was not found.

Wireless interference can contribute to issues like Sonos speakers disappearing from the app.

You can visit our article on reducing wireless interference to learn how to change wireless channels and move Sonos away from certain electronic devices in order to avoid interference.

Let us know how that goes.

Userlevel 1

This would be the fourth time that I am completely reinstalling my system. I have two Sonos Ones, and a subwoofer. It seems that whenever the app updates, or in this instance where I got a new phone… My entire world transfers over to the New phone, but for whatever reason my Sonos network and system is completely disappeared from the app. This is the fourth time this is happened. I’ve gone through all of the troubleshooting steps, I’ve reset my networks, then all that, this has become incredibly frustrating. Does anybody have any suggestions as to the reason for this occurrence?

Sorry to hear you’re going through this.  As a fellow long time Sonos user who is now grown frustrated at this company’s inability to address these WifI interference issues FOR YEARS now, its incredibly frustrating.

Get ready for a bunch of canned responses as to how its not sonos fault, rather, you need to possess the skills of a skilled network technician and adjust various wifi channels due to interference, constantly plugging in and unplugging your components or trying to connect an ethernet cable to any/all devices to get them work.

Regardless if it is Wifi interference this inexcusable for a company of this stature to not have a fix for this.  As a once proud owner of 2 play 1s, play 5 and now a sonos connect amp to power some bose ceiling speakers, its incredibly frustrating to have to go through a fresh resintall on a weekly basis because the app cannot find my system.  No I do not have a mesh wifi system at play, I got rid of that thinking that was the root cause to previous issues and yet they still persist.  

Now, get ready for the canned sonos fanatics who think sonos can do no wrong and are gonna walk you through a length and complicated process just to get your $1k plus speakers to work as advertised. SHAME ON YOU SONOS 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ericfoxny 

Are you still having this issue? 

If your new phone is an iPhone, you need to make sure it is allowing the Sonos app to access the local network. 

To enable Local Network permissions on iOS 14+

Note: This feature must be enabled in order for an iOS 14 device to connect to a Sonos system.

1. Navigate to Settings > Sonos.
  2. Toggle Local Network On image.png

IMG_6B3DC91ECB77-1.jpeg

If you continue to have issues after this, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and your network.

You should almost never be required to completely set up your Sonos system from scratch - please get in touch with technical support any time that you feel you need to do so, as there’s probably a much simpler fix. Sonos system updates require the speakers to reboot as they install the update - it’s likely that your speakers, once connected to your network stay connected, but they are having difficulty getting connected after these reboots. Our technical support team will assist you in making your network more stable for Sonos operations.