Answered

System falling apart - Asus Mesh

• 18 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a system what I’m use in our house since 2,5 years. 
I have an asus mesh wifi system and 8 sonos zones.  
1. living room: playbase, sub, one + sl as a surround system 

2: kitchen: stereo pair play 1

3: entrance: symfonisk lamp alone

4: home office: play 1 alone

5: bathroom: symfonisk bookshelf alone 

6: bath 2: play 1 alone

7: sleeping room: playbar alone

8: move 

Till now all have worked fine, nothing changed (no new device etc) just apparently in the living room where a surround system was made fall apart. Only playbase was working. I have removed the sub and the surrounds from the system. Now I can’t add them back to the room. When I tried to add they have created the same room name with “2”, “3” etc tags instead of grouping with the playbase, or simply can’t add them because of poor network connection or other issues. 
There are of course other devices around smart TV, Apple TV, intel nuc, PlayStation 4 pro, laptops, iPad, Xiaomi roborock etc but all turned off not to interfere wifi signal  

Diagnostic was send: 300724302, 105267210

side effect: if a play some music in the app it seems all zones are working but only the play bar in the living room make sound  

Routers have restated several times, speakers was unplugged, restated, reseted and still not working  

I really don’t have any more idea what to try and can’t understand what happened suddenly. 
The maximum what I was able to add for example the sub - but it’s still unregistered and not added to any room. I just get the message “there was a problem setting up your sub and our costumer care team is ready to help.”

Issue is the same with the previously used surrounds also. 

icon

Best answer by Plazer22 19 February 2021, 13:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Plazer22, welcome to the Sonos Community!

There have been a few reports of connectivity issues with Asus networks, relating to a recent firmware update that was pushed to Asus routers - this would match up with the issues you’re experiencing.

Mind taking a look at the below threads to see if your router model is mentioned?

Badge

Hi Xander P,

so finally all my speakers are back to business. During the time you have replied - many thanks for that - i have also found these topics, because i can’t sleep well if in know they are not working properly :) So to be honest i did not find my router models in these topics but it seems all AiMesh Asus routers can be afected with this kind of problem. I tried as it was sussgested by Asus in the other topic not to downgrade instead upgrade to the latest version of the firmware:

RT-AC88U - Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 beta

RT-66U B1- Version 9.0.0.4.386.41994 beta

With these frimware updates i can just normally add the speakers back to the system and build the home theather from them. 

So it was definitely a software bug from ASUS and SONOS has nothing to do with it.

Ps.: Airtime Fairness was by me on, this was the first what i have changed but it does not solve the problem, just want to let you know this as an additon - only the firmware update was useful.

• Under Advanced Settings, click Wireless.
  • Click the Professional tab.
  • Disable Airtime Fairness and click Apply.
  • Change the Frequency to 5GHz.
  • Disable Airtime Fairness and click Apply.

I have also checked the possibility to turn off automatic updates on the router but it seems it’s written in the code that push updates are enabled. So it seems that the only way to stop the auto upgrade is to blacklist the ASUS update server(s)

What seems useful to download the ASUS app than you can get notifications about firmware updates, to dont look stupid if your system does not work correctly.