Question

System Error - S1 not updating

• 2 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi there. 

My sonos is not recognising my speakers. They are all showing as errors, asking me to download S1 update, however when I try to do this, the update does not work. This is occuring on 6 speakers in my setup. Any ideas on what I should do? The diagnostic I just ran is #1966086882.

Thanks

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @ZiggaZig, thank you for reaching out to the Sonos community. We really appreciate your time and effort in bringing this concern to us and for submitting the diagnostic. Let me help you with this.

Based on the diagnostic, you have 2 Sonos systems - S1 and S2. The reason you're getting an error when you tried to update is that one of your speakers is not compatible with the S2 system - Sonos Play 5 Gen 1.

To proceed with the update, let me suggest the following steps to see if this would work for you.

1. Unplug your Play 5 from the power. Your Play 5 will stay in your S1 system.
2. Open the S2 app and connect it to your system.
3. Check for updates. In the Sonos app > System > Check for updates

Once the update is complete, plug back in your Play 5. You will be able to access your Play 5 using the S1 app and the rest of your speakers using the S2 app.

If you're still having issues updating your Sonos, please submit another diagnostic from your S1 and S2 system for us to check.

If you need help with any other information, feel free to reach out. We'll wait for your reply.