Question

System can only function when wired through ethernet

• 14 January 2017
  • 0 replies

Hello everyone!

I have been dealing with this issue since I got a new router (Netgear R6220). For some reason, the Sonos system is not connecting while on the 2.4 Ghz network, but can be connected and used as long as the ethernet cables are plugged in and on the 5 Ghz network. I'm not very savvy when it comes to all this stuff, and I've gone through two separate hour-long phone calls with Sonos support, and they can't seem to get the players to connect wirelessly on my 2.4 network. I've contacted Netgear and they confirmed with me that all the settings are correct for the router and that if I want to possibly solve the issue, I have to pay over $100 for their basic service plan. I'll pass....although they did say I only have to pay if they solve the issue.

So far, with the help of Sonos representatives, I have:

-Factory reset both speakers (Play1s)
-Changed router settings
-Changed firewall settings
-Unplugged and rebooted modem, router, and players

I can provide more information if needed! Anyone else have a similar issue? I know there's tons of topics where people can't connect to a new router, but I've done EVERYTHING that the website says to do, and if two different tech support guys can't solve it, I'm beginning to think that this is going to involve some complicated technical maneuver, or I'll have to fork over the money to Netgear.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.