Answered

Symfonisk WiFi doesn't work

• 22 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I’m not able to connect Symfonisk to WiFi network. Only connecting to ethernet works. Seems like WiFi cart is missing…

From the /support/review:

/VERSION:

contents of /VERSION61.1-83220

/sbin/ifconfig:

Only listed interfaces are br0, eth0, lo0

/proc/ath_rincon/status:

contents of /proc/ath_rincon/statuserror opening file /proc/ath_rincon/status (errno=2 No such file or directory)

I did factory reset, but it’s still the same. Can someone verify how the outputs looks on the working unit?

Thanks,
Krystl

icon

Best answer by Simon B 25 December 2020, 18:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Krystl, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Symfonisk on your Wi-Fi. So that we can check the status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. If that is the only speaker that you’re connecting to the Wi-Fi, we’ll ask further. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon,

thanks, confirmation number is 1047565607.

I have also Sonos Beam. Right now beam and symfonisk are both connected by ethernet cable to my LAN. Switching to my WiFi works fine for beam but not for the symfonisk. When symfonisk was only sonos system in my home there was not able to run WiFi wizard in the sonos app, the option was greyed out. I’m using android version of the application.

Thanks,

Jiri

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @Krystl, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, It has an error of no full stats and that there is an issue with the Wifi card of the speaker, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They’ll be able to assist you with options about replacement or to resolve this issue on the Symfonisk speaker. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi, I have the same issue as Krystl above: Symfonisk works well on cable, but butts out on WiFi. I have a drove of Sonos equipment, two 12 month old Symfonisk, plus one brand new Symfonisk unit that I picked up this week to have a new unit as a reference. The brand-new Symfonisk behaves exactly like the two 12 month old ones.  

Thing is that the two 12 month old units worked beautifully on WiFi UNTIL I INSTALLED S2!!!! Consequently the problem seems to be S2, not the Symfonisk units. 

S2 has been a mostly negative experience and this is yet another disappointment. What can be done? I would appreciate some help. 

Thank you. / Ulf Claesson

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Claesson, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear that you have the same issue above. So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Hi Simon B. 
I might only need one diagnostics run, but the different ones below make sure that everything is covered, I hope. These are Synfonisk speakers only. 

SN: A100 1908K 347E5CF7C5C63  Diagnostic report 187 858 8483 on Ethernet, does not work on WiFi. On Android S2. Worked well on WiFi in S1. Approx. 12 month old.

SN: A100 1909K 347E5CF96D745  Diagnostic report 109 814 5701 on Ethernet, does not work on WiFi. On Android S2. Worked on WiFi in S1. Approx. 12 months old

SN: A100 1911K 347E5CFDF21A1  Diagnostic report 164 870 3656 works on WiFi most of the time. On Android S2. New unit.

The common denominator that I see is that the older Symfonisk speakers are not working on WiFi S2 and the new unit only in certain environments. With S1 I had NO problems with WiFi. 

Appreciate your help. Thank you. / Ulf Claesson

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi there @UCl, thanks for the update and sorry for the late response, thanks for sending diagnostic reports of your Sonos system. the Symfonisks and some other speakers that you have are inconsistent on the diagnostics, It will show it’s offline, It will drop off the system, then it will show that the Wifi on it is disabled. We need to take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance, options, and more in-depth troubleshooting steps for this issue.

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.