After 3 hours of battling and troubleshooting, I felt I had to come here and seek advice! 😀
I have a Sonos Beam Gen. 2 for my TV, and I just bought 2x Sonos Symfonisk Bookshelf speakers to use as surround sound speakers. However, I have spent 3 hours trying to get them to connect and register on my network....here's what happens:
- The Sonos app recognises the speaker when it's first turned on, or if I factory reset it
- I connect to the speaker, and scan my phone as indicated, which works fine
- After connecting to the speaker, the app then tells me that it's connecting the speaker to my WiFi network. This process takes at least 3-4 minutes (which already seems suspicious), but eventually says that's it's successfully, but I may need to remove the power and reconnect it before it shows up in the "system" tab.
- No matter what I try, the Symfonisk's never ever show up in the Sonos app after I install them!
And here's what I've tried so far:
- Unplugged each speaker and plugged them back in
- Factory reset each speaker (many times)
- Removed my network from the Sonos app, re-added it and re-registered all devices (the Beam reconnected with no issues, the Symfonisk's were not recognised)
- Unplugged and restarted the router
- Connected the Symfonisk's with Ethernet. With this they were registered and connected, but disappeared as soon as I removed the ethernet cable
.... and most of the above multiple times in different orders! My router is set up with WEP2 encryption, not enterprise!
What am I missing, I'm tearing my hair out 😀.
Thanks for any help,
Best answer by OriasView original