Answered

Switching accounts on the app

• 28 June 2020
  • 1 reply

I just downloaded the Sonos2 app but every time I try to get to my device and my account it automatically puts me on as my dad. I tried resetting the app and trying to find a way to log in with my info but no luck. Anyone got any tips? I’m not very savvy but I’ll try to understand what’s happening. Oh I should also mention that I tried setting my device up as a new one but that didn’t work either. 

icon

Best answer by Paul A 30 June 2020, 22:03

Hi @RuhrovHnWF7oyC-7a6cW2_d1hafMzVC2WP50kGmWDsP5QQdvVOoqvdSMVyuVz8C9METswjQDIkxfDMc2iMiRhpSqd-8AkHmaiyo7kQh6e1INroWMN-5QZIk1FcO_NcM77XT9KOOeQof79.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out. 

I would like to recommend following these steps for your own Sonos system to work separately in connection to the existing Sonos system your dad already has in this location.

1. ​First step is to reset the Sonos app. Here is the guide on how to reset the Sonos app.

2. Reset all Sonos devices that you own and want to work separately with your dad’s Sonos system. Here is the link on how to reset your Sonos products. Just to set your expectation, doing this step would wipe all the data, playlist, Wireless network, and music service stored on your Sonos devices. They are going to act as if they are  brand new.

3. And then lastly is to set up a new Sonos system. Here is a complete guide on how to set up a new Sonos system.  (Sign in using your Sonos account when prompted)

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @RuhrovHnWF7oyC-7a6cW2_d1hafMzVC2WP50kGmWDsP5QQdvVOoqvdSMVyuVz8C9METswjQDIkxfDMc2iMiRhpSqd-8AkHmaiyo7kQh6e1INroWMN-5QZIk1FcO_NcM77XT9KOOeQof79.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thank you for reaching out. 

I would like to recommend following these steps for your own Sonos system to work separately in connection to the existing Sonos system your dad already has in this location.

1. ​First step is to reset the Sonos app. Here is the guide on how to reset the Sonos app.

2. Reset all Sonos devices that you own and want to work separately with your dad’s Sonos system. Here is the link on how to reset your Sonos products. Just to set your expectation, doing this step would wipe all the data, playlist, Wireless network, and music service stored on your Sonos devices. They are going to act as if they are  brand new.

3. And then lastly is to set up a new Sonos system. Here is a complete guide on how to set up a new Sonos system.  (Sign in using your Sonos account when prompted)

Please let me know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,