Answered

Switched out playbase for Arc and now surrounds not working

• 31 January 2022
  • 3 replies

I switched out Playbase for Arc and now the surround L&R speakers are not working.  They are still showing up in the system for that room in my app.  

icon

Best answer by Mr. T 31 January 2022, 13:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

When you say ‘showing up in the system for that room in my app’, could you explain what you mean?  That they are listed in About My System?  They appear as +L+R for the Arc?  How did you go about replacing the Playbar with the Arc and moving the surround speakers across?

Do you have other Sonos devices in your system?

Userlevel 7

Prior to switching out the Playbase for the Arc, did you remove the Surrounds from being bonded with the Playbase?

If you didn’t, either power up the Playbase and remove the surrounds in the Sonos app, OR factory reset your surrounds and add to the Arc that way.

I had someone else set up the Arc so I wasn’t sure what he did.  What I did do in the meantime which seems to have worked, while playbase was totally unplugged and Arc connected and running, I removed the surround speakers from the system and reconnected them.  Speakers seem to be connected and working now.  Thank you for your response.  I will keep your advice in mind if I run into any further issues.