Question

Surrounds slow to connect to Playbar

• 17 May 2020
  • 2 replies

Hi, 

I have a playbar, sub an two play 1's set up as a 5.1 surround system. 

The issue is that the play 1's are taking about 2 and a half minutes to connect to the playbar where before it was much quicker. 

Is this a known issue or is there a fix for this?

Thanks.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It could be simple wifi interference, particularly in the 5Ghz range, since we are talking about surrounds, or it could be a duplicate IP address issue. I’d start by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting the router. When the router comes Back up, plug the Sonos devices back in. 

If that doesn’t work, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

Thanks Bruce, 

I will try this out