Question

Surrounds and Sub cutting

• 9 October 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Please help me! I have done ALL that is possible to do: change channel, reinitalizing all my Sonos products and my playbar was changing. Unfortunately, several times in one hour my 2 Play 1 and my sub cutting and it's really annoying. I really don't know how to do. It seems that is a problem with the wifi but I'm not sure... I'm really angry because with a system so expansive it's not normal... diagnostic number : 6625333. Thanks in advance

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Precision : it happens specially when I listen to music...
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
Hi Cococo, thanks for the diagnostic. There's a few issues here which we should look at. One is that there is quite weak signal between your BOOST and some of your other devices, and the other is what I suspect as a bit of interference around the PLAYBAR on the 5Ghz band which is resulting in it repeatedly trying to change to a better channel. With these factors combined the PLAYBAR may be struggling to keep up with everything. I notice your BOOST is very close to the PLAYBAR; would it be possible to have your Ethernet cable into the bar instead of the BOOST? This would free up the BOOST to live elsewhere in the house and give you better SonosNet coverage. For example I would recommend situating it about halfway between the Salon and the Chambre d'amis, if you imagine a straight line between them.

There is also that 5GHz interference to investigate. Do you have anything there such as a cordless phone base station, wireless security cameras or 3G/4G signal booster? Really anything wireless can be a factor. The most likely candidate is your router, so try to have that positioned as far away from the PLAYBAR and the PLAY:1 surrounds as you practically can whilst still having the Ethernet connections you need. If you make any changes, let us know and send us a new diagnostic.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
Hello Tom B! Thanks for the answer. As I don't speak really well english, I called the hotline this morning and I have done this :
- remove all the electric power oh all my Sonos products : 1 : boost, 2 : playbar, 3 : SUB, 4 : 2 Play 1 in surround, 5 : 2 Play 1 chambre, 6: 2 Play 1 bureau and 7 : Play 1 chambre d'amis
- then reconnect all in the same order waiting the light white
- change the canal from 11 to 6
For the moment it seems to be great...
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
For me it's not possible to have an Ethernet cable because my playbar is on the wall...
Maybe can I use only 2,4 ghz because my router is dual band...?
Many thanks
New diagnostic : 6626814
Userlevel 4
Badge +3
That diagnostic looks a lot better than the previous one. The channel change was actually a big improvement. Your BOOST is producing a 2.4GHz SonosNet WiFi, which is just used by your Sonos players. The router can be on either 2.4 or 5GHz and this will not affect the Sonos, as long as your phones etc. can connect to the router. If you get any more trouble, let us know.
Userlevel 2
Badge +5
I finally resolved my problem. When the 2.4 ghz and the 5 ghz work together that make interferences and my two Play 1 and the sub cutting. I leaved only the 2.4 Ghz and now all it's ok...