Answered

Surround speakers stoppwd playing sound after change of router

• 28 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello

Grateful for any help you can give. I have recently changed my router and managed to get my Beam, Symfonisk and One speakers working fine. However, the two Ones I have as surrounds for my Beam are showing in the app but not playing any sound. This is for tv and music. 
Thanks for your help. 

icon

Best answer by Simon B 28 July 2020, 23:45

Hi @joe_hughes, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about No surround sounds with your Sonos Ones. I’ll ask If have you tried to do “Remove surrounds” option on the specific room? and after that, re-add it back and check if that will work. Also, what is the light status on the surrounds speakers? I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Let us know how you get on with the advice above.

We're here to answer any further questions you have.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @joe_hughes, Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about No surround sounds with your Sonos Ones. I’ll ask If have you tried to do “Remove surrounds” option on the specific room? and after that, re-add it back and check if that will work. Also, what is the light status on the surrounds speakers? I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to further investigate what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Thanks @Simon B, removing the surrounds re-adding them worked! Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @joe_hughes, thanks for the update. I’m glad that it worked by removing and re-adding the surrounds speakers.

If there's any other issue you're having in the future, feel free to reach out.

The Sonos Community is always here to help

Hey @Simon B I’m facing a similar issue.  I recently moved into a new apartment with my 2 One’s and Beam.  The Beam is currently connected via HDMI Arc to my TCL TV, my 2 One’s have worked in the past for surround sound for TV, but they are not doing so now.  They are however working for music, which is rather strange to me.

Are you able to provide some insight?

Best,

Wil

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @WillScotty, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Thanks for bringing this up and we understand where you're coming from. Regarding your concern about surround speakers not working. I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.