Surround Speakers Dropping

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

39 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a laptop and my phone that connect to the router on 5 GHz in the same room, that's it. I can shut down the laptop and put the phone in another room for a bit, but it seems surprising that they'd cause the issue?

Laptops and phones usually don't cause much in the way of wireless interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras, wireless baby monitors, wireless TVs, wireless printers, and wireless cable boxes. Take a quick look around and see if any similar devices are nearby.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ok - the only thing in the area would be my TV, which has wifi, but it's not been on in a few days. The printer is also nearby, but it connects over 2.4 ghz.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Here is what things look like for 5ghz (I believe Sonosnet is using 161). My SSID is HouseLANister

Userlevel 1
Badge
The other signals are from other apartments in my complex, none are mine.
I'll hang back to avoid stepping on Jeff's toes, but out of interest where are all the users of channels 36-48, including you?
Userlevel 1
Badge
They're here - that ASUS utility shows you what's around the SSID you pick at the top. In this picture is my other 5 GHz (LANsolo) and what's around it:

Userlevel 1
Badge
The other signals are again not mine, they are from other apartments.
Ah, I see. Probably more congestion than the higher band, which is why PLAYBAR headed up to 161.
Userlevel 1
Badge
It just happened again - I captured diagnostic 7537288 as it was happening.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hello, Sonos, any feedback?
Userlevel 1
Badge
Has happened multiple times again today. Really could use some feedback on the diagnostics that I've submitted. Thank you in advance.
By nature, the boards are fairly asynchronous. If you're looking for immediate feedback, I'd recommend talking directly to Sonos using Twitter, Facebook Messenger, or phone. You can find your region's contact information at www.sonos.com/contact
Userlevel 1
Badge
Ok - thanks. It's been more than a day since I've had a reply, so I'll go with that. Appreciate it.
Yea, no worries, hope you get the response you are looking for. The Sonos guys here in the boards are very helpful, but not always as timely as you'd hope. I suspect they do the boards as a portion of their day, so you're probably better off with a more synchronous form of contact 🙂