Question

Surround sound

• 9 December 2016
  • 3 replies

I have a play bar and 2 play3s which I have hooked up to my Samsung TV. Play3s kick in great on music but not so much on spoken word scenarios? This is probably the generic position but can I change it so that the play3s operate all the time? Not a real issue but any thoughts welcome. Many thanks,

Ian

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

There may be a few issues here. One is that a lot of content, especially OTA TV, doesn't send much / anything for the rear speakers. It just isn't 5.1.

Even when it is 5.1 it is normal to have the dialogue through the front, because that is where the people speaking appear to be!!

There is a setting in the Playbar's room settings to adjust the relative volumes of the Playbar and Surrounds. I'm away from system right now but with a bit of an explore you'll find it and you can experiment a bit.
There may be a few issues here. One is that a lot of content, especially OTA TV, doesn't send much / anything for the rear speakers. It just isn't 5.1.

Even when it is 5.1 it is normal to have the dialogue through the front, because that is where the people speaking appear to be!!

There is a setting in the Playbar's room settings to adjust the relative volumes of the Playbar and Surrounds. I'm away from system right now but with a bit of an explore you'll find it and you can experiment a bit.
Thanks John. I have trawled through the room settings but will look again. Thanks for the response. You are my first comment! Much appreciated.