Answered

Surround problems when playing TV

• 19 March 2018
  • 1 reply

My Sonos Play 3 surrounds (quantity of 2) and Sonos Sub (quantity of 1) cut out for approximately 17 seconds after playing for about 20 minutes. This only happens when I listen to my TV. While the surround cuts out, the PlayBar continues to play. This has been going on for quite some time now, so yesterday I’ve tried to get some diagnostic codes.
When I first turned on my TV, I ran diagnostics (509905600). Then, after about 20 minutes, the surround cut out and I ran another diag (1691456062). Then after the second time it cut out, I ran another diag (248723249). Then I ran one more 5 minutes after the last cut out to see if anything is different there (2104092595). This is where I’ve determined that time outs are approximately 17 seconds long and 20 minutes apart.
Then I put in another movie and ran the timed test. I ran the initial diagnostics at 0:00 while surround was working fine and got code (1986057676). At 2:55 1st problem occurred and it lasted till 3:10. As the problem was happening, I’ve attempted to run diagnostics, but it takes Sonos 30 seconds to run diagnostics, but the cut out is only 17 seconds. Nonetheless, the code I got was 1066398569. Then the second cut out happened at 18:48 to 19:08 (code 86075287). Then I ran a diag right before the problem at 34:46 (code 437823594). As expected, at 38:17 surrounds cut out till 38:38 (code 1254246808).
My system set up is as follows: I have my DSL service come in to my wired modem (Motorola Gateway NVG589). The WiFi on this modem is disabled. There’s an Ethernet cable that goes from NVG589 to my NightHawk AC1900 dual-band router. AC1900 broadcasts 2.4 and 5GHz WiFi’s. There’s an Ethernet cable (that came with Sonos) that connects AC1900 to Sonos Bridge. Bridge is separated from AC1900 by approximately 3’. My Sonos system is set up wirelessly on my 5GHz network. There’s a wood-framed wall with a single layer of drywall on each side separating my Bridge from the rest of Sonos equipment. My 2 Play 3 speakers and 1 Sonos Sub are connected wirelessly. My PlayBar is connected wirelessly AND via Digital Audio Cable (optical) that came with my Sonos system. The TV that my PlayBar is connected to is Sharp LED LC60LE600U.
Your help at solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 19 March 2018, 21:44

Hi there, Dmitriy. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. From the sounds of it, you will want to troubleshoot this with our support technicians in real time. When you have a moment, please give us a call. Our technicians can take a closer look at the wireless environment and how data is being routed along to Sonos.

I've taken the liberty of taking your post and adding it to a support ticket which you can refer to when you are able to give us a call. The reference number is: 180319-002599

Thanks again!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Dmitriy. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. From the sounds of it, you will want to troubleshoot this with our support technicians in real time. When you have a moment, please give us a call. Our technicians can take a closer look at the wireless environment and how data is being routed along to Sonos.

I've taken the liberty of taking your post and adding it to a support ticket which you can refer to when you are able to give us a call. The reference number is: 180319-002599

Thanks again!