Question

Surround Play:1s and SUB dissapearing occaisionally

• 27 February 2017
  • 16 replies

Hi

I have had a problem with surround Play:1s and SUB cutting some times but before it was just a few times a week so it wasnt annoying.

Lately its been happening a lot more often, every 10 mins or so. Drops out for about 10-20 sec then jumps in again.
I havent changed anything with my setup since i bought the system a 2-3 years ago and am very satisfied until now.

Diagnostics: 7142812

I have tried static IP, switching channels and removing other wireless stuff like extenders etc. No help, still dropping out.
Any idea what this can be caused by?

EDIT:

Happens on all types of audio; TV, Spotify, mediacenter, the works.
Have also tried removing surround and adding it againg.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Hey SvenG, welcome to the community.

I'm seeing some issues with your Spotify playback and I've applied a mini update for your system which should fix that. Could you download this update and then test Spotify once more? Here's how to apply an update to your Sonos system.

As for the surrounds and SUB, when they drop out does the PLAYBAR continue to play?

Let us know how the update goes.
The update helped a bit. Not happening quite as often but still happens sometimes. The playbar keeps playing, but with a reduced volume.
I am having the same problem. Just started today. Any resolution yet?
Userlevel 2
I have experienced exactly the same problem while playing music from amazon music. Whereas in TV mode I did not have the problem.
My daughter was playing it through her sonos app w Spotify and it just dawned on me that maybe she needs to update sonos.
I also had moved the Samsung smart tv remote eye right in front of the playbar recently. Wondered if that could cause interference even if you weren't using the remote? I since moved it a ft further away. Still lost surrounds and sub afterwards but though perhaps it was a little less often.
Hello everyone! i have been experiencing the same issue with Playbar still playing, and my twin rear Play1s and Sub stops playing intermittently...then back again in 5-10 secs. this happens whenever i am listening to Spotify or watching TV. i have tried to turn off every single speaker and even the Bridge. Still the same problem.....help help help!!! Frustrated!!! Or do i need to upgrade the Bridge to Connect? Thanks and cheers!!!
tgbbryan,

As a guess, there's some interference in the 5Ghz range that's causing your devices to drop out, but you'd really be best served by running a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of it occurring, and then posting the number here, so that the folks at Sonos can look at the logs on your system, and provide a better idea of what might be happening.
Hi Bruce, thanks for your reply. How do I run the systems diagnostic test? I'd love to try...cheers!
Hi Bruce, thanks for your reply. How do I run the systems diagnostic test? I'd love to try...cheers!

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/142
Thanks, jgatie 🙂
Hi, just done the diagnostic test...confirmation no is 7208512. Thanks!
It's happening again....... : ( 7208547
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi tgbbryan,

There's quite a bit of 5 ghz wireless interference showing up which is likely why your rear units are losing connection. Please look around an in between your Sonos home theater units for any third party electronics which could be causing interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras, third party wireless speakers, wireless baby monitors and wireless printers. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos home theater units or power them off temporarily and see if things improve.

Hi tgbbryan,

There's quite a bit of 5 ghz wireless interference showing up which is likely why your rear units are losing connection. Please look around an in between your Sonos home theater units for any third party electronics which could be causing interference. Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras, third party wireless speakers, wireless baby monitors and wireless printers. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos home theater units or power them off temporarily and see if things improve.

Hi tgbbryan,

Hi Jeff, tks! In fact this morning I received an update from Sonos and now the systems working well and sounding better than before! Kudos to the Sonos team....cheers!!!