Answered

Suffering from seemingly rare issue of random song skipping

Yes that is sarcasm, I see about 3 million posts related to your questionable products extremely poor performance on wireless networks. Diagnostics submitted reference 1111405618. Have been having this problem almost constantly since receiving the product, which thankfully was free through bonus points on my credit card otherwise I would feel more ripped off than I already do. I have followed several troubleshooting suggestions including changing the channel on my router from auto select to one of the preset suggested (1,6 or 11 from memory). Absolutely nothing has done anything to resolve the random skipping issue when playing from iphone regardless of the stability of the network to all my other wireless devices.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 3 May 2018, 19:54

Yes that is sarcasm, I see about 3 million posts related to your questionable products extremely poor performance on wireless networks. Diagnostics submitted reference 1111405618. Have been having this problem almost constantly since receiving the product, which thankfully was free through bonus points on my credit card otherwise I would feel more ripped off than I already do. I have followed several troubleshooting suggestions including changing the channel on my router from auto select to one of the preset suggested (1,6 or 11 from memory). Absolutely nothing has done anything to resolve the random skipping issue when playing from iphone regardless of the stability of the network to all my other wireless devices.

Hi lunty76,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. Your speaker is losing connection to your home wireless network from time to time. This is likely what is causing the audio interruptions. There is quite a bit of wireless interference showing up from 2 rather strong wireless signals nearby that are running on the same wireless channel as the network your speaker is connecting to. Please try to change the wireless network your speaker is using to wireless channel 11 and see if things improve.
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi lunty76,

Welcome to the community, and thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. Your speaker is losing connection to your home wireless network from time to time. This is likely what is causing the audio interruptions. There is quite a bit of wireless interference showing up from 2 rather strong wireless signals nearby that are running on the same wireless channel as the network your speaker is connecting to. Please try to change the wireless network your speaker is using to wireless channel 11 and see if things improve.
Absolute crap that the answer is always reinstall and plug back in everything

This this work flawlessly given how long Sonos has been around