Answered

Suddenly No Sound from Cable

• 17 January 2018
  • 8 replies

We turned our cable tv on the other day to find no sound coming from the playbar. However, our Roku and music library continue to work just fine. We're at a loss as to how to fix this. Any thoughts?
icon

Best answer by smithiandavid 18 January 2018, 01:53

Ha! All this time I had been focusing on the playbar and not the cable. Reset the cable box and all is well. Thanks for all the help!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Check the audio settings on the cable box, to make sure they're still on Dolby Digital? They may have updated the software on the box in the background, and lost/moved the settings.
Thanks for replying. Yeah, Dolby Digital is still marked under the audio settings. It's so weird.
Turn on the TV's speakers and see if sound is coming from them.

I'd probably also take a quick look at the audio settings on the TV set, just to be safe. Although if the cable box is sending a dobly digital signal, I can't see why the TV would be changing it in any way. But better safe than sorry.

It's odd, because you say the Roku is still working fine, which points to a problem with the cable box providing an appropriate signal. Maybe try switching the HDMI port that the cable box is connected to?
I updated my system today. No sound since then. Ready to throw Sonos out the window
There's no content in your post to even allow us to begin to help you. Perhaps it might be to your benefit to contact Sonos in another way to discuss it? I suspect that they'll be able to troubleshoot your system much quicker than we can through the forums.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
What kind of cable TV are you using? Do you find this issue on all channels or just HD ones?

Would you mind submitting a diagnostic from your Sonos system and replying back with your confirmation number when you're hearing no audio?
Tech support fixed me up. Several issues with updates and system connectivity. Tech support killed it! Call them. Waiting on hold was worth it for me.
Ha! All this time I had been focusing on the playbar and not the cable. Reset the cable box and all is well. Thanks for all the help!