Answered

suddenly cant find system on some devices

• 20 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Have not had any issues with my Sonos for a good couple of years, and not made any changes bar a BT router 4 months ago. I have a play 3 linked to router, a play bar downstairs and 4x Sonos 1s dotted about the house.

About a week ago my wife couldn’t see any rooms when opening the app on her iPad or iPhone, nor on her desktop app. I could see the system on my iPhone app and on my desktop app but not my iPad.

After unplugging the whole system and replugging back in I was able to make the system viewable on all devices, and put it down to maybe a dodgy update overnight. 

Today the same issue happened with my wife’s iPhone & iPad but not her desktop. I could see the system with my iPhone, and desktop but not my iPad.

I tried running through the reconnect route in the app on the iPad but it always failed when it tried to connect to the Sonos WiFi. I tried this with both the Play 3 and the Playbar.

Eventually I restarted the router which seemed to fix it, but later this evening my wife said she had lost the system again on her iPhone.

Whats going on? I’ve gone from no issues to having a really unstable system in the last week, sometimes a device finds it, some other device won’t…

We have tried forgetting the WiFi and rejoining, reinstalling the Sonos app and rebooting the WiFi.  We have no guest WiFi’s or anything of that sort. Just one WiFi that everything is connected to. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 20 April 2021, 05:34

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Are you one of those affected by the update BT sent out? There are quite a few threads about that, it appears the temporary workaround, while BT fumbles to address the issue, is turning off the 5Ghz channel on the BT router.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Are you one of those affected by the update BT sent out? There are quite a few threads about that, it appears the temporary workaround, while BT fumbles to address the issue, is turning off the 5Ghz channel on the BT router.

I wasn’t aware of this issue? I’ll give that a shot, thanks. 

I see you found the thread, but for others who are looking for more information:

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes, it seems to have done the trick, no dropouts over last couple of days, tho the rooms are appearing more sluggish on app start than before.

Hopefully BT will reverse whatever they did to kill the cross band communication.

Thanks for the suggestion!