Suddenly cannot receive MyTuner station

• 27 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Used to listen to www.247MusicMix.com

via Sonos on MyTuner

Now suddenly it won’t work. Works fine on the MyTuner app - station haven’t changed anything either.

Also it’s listed on radio.net but not seen on Sonos via radio.net

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Badge +17

Hi @Keyuk,

I’ve tested this on my end and I get the same results as you.

It seems like the URL provided to MyTuner Radio is no longer working. The URL we’re being provided is: https://betelgeuse.dribbcast.com/proxy/247musicmix?mp=%2Fstream but this doesn’t appear to be working on our players. I suggest sending this info over to the radio station and checking whether they have changed their streaming URL recently as they may need to update it on MyTuner Radio’s system.

Hi. Nothing has changed at the station end. The stream works perfectly on the MyTuner app. Also works on Alexa and others. It’s just Sonos has dropped it for some reason.

Badge +17

Hi. Nothing has changed at the station end. The stream works perfectly on the MyTuner app. Also works on Alexa and others. It’s just Sonos has dropped it for some reason.

We haven’t dropped the station, nor are we using a unique URL for the stream. Sonos has no control over the content it receives from the music partner (MyTuner Radio in this case) and we simply play whatever the service sends us.

It does appear in this case that the stream is working outside of our players, and I’ve flagged it with our engineers to look into.

There are a number of criteria that need to be met in order for a radio station to play successfully on Sonos, and it’s possible that a change was made to the stream by the station which has caused this issue, but leaves other platforms unaffected. I still encourage you to reach out to the station directly to enquire around whether any changes have been made, as this may help us investigate why the stream is failing to play.

Hi. I can assure you that nothing has changed with the stream. I actually own the station ;)

Just suddenly stopped working. There are reports on the internet of this happening to other stations too.

For example:

Also how do we get 247 Music Mix listed on Sonos Radio - that would solve the problem too.

Badge +17

Hi. I can assure you that nothing has changed with the stream. I actually own the station ;)

Haha, that’s great :smile: I’ll send you a private message with the technical details of the failure.

Just suddenly stopped working. There are reports on the internet of this happening to other stations too.

For example:

This thread was regarding a failure of an entire group of Finnish stations - your situation is different to theirs.

Also how do we get 247 Music Mix listed on Sonos Radio - that would solve the problem too.

I’ll include this info in the message I send you shortly.