Answered

Subwoofer won't connect

• 10 September 2015
  • 3 replies

I have a sonos subwoofer paired with a playbar on a wifi connection it worked great for 24 hours. Then I unplugged the soundbar to move it and it lost the subwoofer pairing. Now anytime I try to reconnect the sub it will not connect. It recommends moving closer to the router but everything else in the room connects including the playbar. I unplugged the sub for 24 hours hoping it would reset but I still got nothing. I've had this system for 7 days and have had nothing but trouble from pairing a remote that could do IR and setting up the damn thing. If this isn't an easy fix its going back and I'm heading to the Bose store.
icon

Best answer by kmjy 10 September 2015, 17:35

Hi Travisjcox,

While it is possible to run your system completely wireless it can sometimes provide unexpected results. This all comes down to your network conditions, like the amount of traffic and devices on the network. Because a SONOS Home Theatre setup uses a high bandwidth connection it is mostly recommended to use a BRIDGE, BOOST, or at least one SONOS player wired into your router with Ethernet. This enables them to create their own high speed and direct wireless network which prevents any issues.

Please try plugging your SUB into your router temporarily and then through the app add it to your system again. If this does not work, plug the PLAYBAR into the router instead (if possible) and try to add the SUB again. If this works run through the Wi-Fi setup again in the Advanced section of the app to make sure all of your players are up-to-date with your wireless network configuration and settings.

If all fails you can contact SONOS Support where they can look at your systems diagnosis and determine the issue with the SUB, sometimes it's a very simple issue and they can guide you through fixing it step by step.

You can contact SONOS Support here: http://www.sonos.com/contact

Let me know how it goes,

Best regards!
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi Travisjcox,

While it is possible to run your system completely wireless it can sometimes provide unexpected results. This all comes down to your network conditions, like the amount of traffic and devices on the network. Because a SONOS Home Theatre setup uses a high bandwidth connection it is mostly recommended to use a BRIDGE, BOOST, or at least one SONOS player wired into your router with Ethernet. This enables them to create their own high speed and direct wireless network which prevents any issues.

Please try plugging your SUB into your router temporarily and then through the app add it to your system again. If this does not work, plug the PLAYBAR into the router instead (if possible) and try to add the SUB again. If this works run through the Wi-Fi setup again in the Advanced section of the app to make sure all of your players are up-to-date with your wireless network configuration and settings.

If all fails you can contact SONOS Support where they can look at your systems diagnosis and determine the issue with the SUB, sometimes it's a very simple issue and they can guide you through fixing it step by step.

You can contact SONOS Support here: http://www.sonos.com/contact

Let me know how it goes,
Best regards!
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Great suggestions kmjy. Let us know how it goes Travis.
I have a playbar only which is connected to network by Ethernet. Tried adding sub Couldn't find it. Went to settings added wireless network, still couldn't find it.
Did what KMJY suggested - plugged sub into router with Ethernet cable (via switch / hub) added sub with sonos app-> select room-> add sub. Found it and worked straight away.
while playing removed Ethernet cable after brief pause kick in on wireless - All great now Many thanks KMJY