Question

Subwoofer skipping about every ten seconds

• 4 May 2019
  • 6 replies

Thiz has been going on for a while, and I thought I'd get used to it, but instead it's actually started to drive me crazy. When I watch streaming video on Netflix, my Sonos subwoofer seems to cut out about once every ten seconds. Considering how expensive this piece of equipment was, this is completely unacceptable. Is there a patch to fix this? It's driving me crazy.

6 replies

What is the SUB bonded to? Most often, this is due to wifi interference, in the case of a SUB, it would be in the 5Ghz frequency, as that is what it uses to bond to a soundbar.

However, if that doesn't point you in the right direction, it might be useful if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of recreating this issue, and either post the number here, or contact Sonos to discuss it. I tend to suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, but are only available during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.
Thanks. My diagnostic number is 1089022743. How do I get someone from Sonos to respond here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Prayer, good luck and blood sacrifices have all been suggested but this is a user to user forum with drop-ins by Sonos staff so no method comes with a warranty.

Go to the Contact page, verify it is showing your country's information and pick one of the support options there, several are staffed 24x7.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks. My diagnostic number is 1089022743. How do I get someone from Sonos to respond here?

Thanks for sending the report. There are some wireless connection errors showing up between your Playbar and Sub. These are usually caused by wireless interference. Take a look around and in between your home theater speakers for any third party electronics which could cause interference. Common sources include cordless phone bases, wireless cameras, wireless baby monitors, wireless printers, and third party wireless speakers.

Try moving away any such devices from your Sonos speakers, and see if that helps.
Thanks for the response. We don't really have anything along those lines near the router, and the router is probably less than five feet away from the subwoofer, although it is enclosed in a cabinet. Anything else that could be causing it? I've noticed that I never have the issue when I run Spotify or a DVD. It always seems to happen with streaming video media.
The playbar is situated directly above our router, and is also about five feet away from the subwoofer.