Answered

Subwoofer refuses to connect. About to throw system to curb.

• 6 April 2018
  • 2 replies

I've reached out to support a few times and can't get an answer. Simply put, either I have a bad Sub or Playbar. I have a brand new router (TP-Link Archer C9, latest firmware), so I know it's not the wifi connection. All the other speakers work perfectly fine. But the Subwoofer will ONLY work if both the Playbar AND Sub are wired to the router (thus defeating the purpose of buying the system to begin with). All I ever get is a "?" in the controllers for the Sub in the 5.1 setup and it doesn't output sound.

Submitted another diagnostic: 1348423602.
icon

Best answer by Jeff S 11 April 2018, 23:18

OK, I realized it appears one minute and the next it's gone. Here's a diagnostic a few minutes after the first one where the subwoofer appears in the controllers: 110495853. And one following where it disappears/cuts out again: 1180400759.

Hi pattay712,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. There are some wireless communication errors showing up between your SUB and PLAYBAR. In this setup the PLAYBAR uses its 5 ghz antenna to communicate. It's possible that there is some interference on that band causing the SUB to have trouble staying connected. Are there any third party electronics near your SUB and PLAYBAR? Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras and wireless baby monitors. Try moving any similar device away from your SUB and PLAYBAR and see if things improve.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

OK, I realized it appears one minute and the next it's gone. Here's a diagnostic a few minutes after the first one where the subwoofer appears in the controllers: 110495853. And one following where it disappears/cuts out again: 1180400759.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi pattay712,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. There are some wireless communication errors showing up between your SUB and PLAYBAR. In this setup the PLAYBAR uses its 5 ghz antenna to communicate. It's possible that there is some interference on that band causing the SUB to have trouble staying connected. Are there any third party electronics near your SUB and PLAYBAR? Common sources of interference include cordless phones, wireless cameras and wireless baby monitors. Try moving any similar device away from your SUB and PLAYBAR and see if things improve.