Question

Subwoofer disappear

• 7 January 2017
  • 7 replies

I have a playbar + Sonos sub.
When I play music the sub suddenly disappears and then comes back after a while. It happens irregularly and many times.

Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have a playbar + Sonos sub.
When I play music the sub suddenly disappears and then comes back after a while. It happens irregularly and many times.

Any ideas?

Hi Fjongen,

It would help to see some data from your system. Please submit a diagnostic report. Reply with the confirmation number and I'll take a look.
I'm having the same issue, any Ideas?
Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I'm having the same issue, any Ideas?
Thanks!

Hi hzandres,

Please send in a diagnostic report from your system then reply with the confirmation number.
Hi Jeff,
Thanks, here are some diagnostic reports
I have been experiencing this issue for a while now.
Please advice.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,
Please advice.

There are a high level of wireless communication errors between your PLAYBAR and SUB. Please look around and in between your PLAYBAR and SUB for any third party electronics that could cause interference. Common sources of interference include third party wireless speakers, wireless cameras, cordless phones, wireless baby monitors and wireless printers. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos speakers and see if that helps.
Hi Jeff,
Please advice.

There are a high level of wireless communication errors between your PLAYBAR and SUB. Please look around and in between your PLAYBAR and SUB for any third party electronics that could cause interference. Common sources of interference include third party wireless speakers, wireless cameras, cordless phones, wireless baby monitors and wireless printers. Try moving any such device away from your Sonos speakers and see if that helps.

I though that was the goal of the boost, create a separe network from the WIFI for the Sonos. Connected to the wifi I have an apple TV and Smart TV. Should the boost be sufficient?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Jeff,
Please advice.

I though that was the goal of the boost, create a separe network from the WIFI for the Sonos. Connected to the wifi I have an apple TV and Smart TV. Should the boost be sufficient?

Having a wired Sonos unit makes it such that the Sonos system is creating its own wireless signal rather than connecting to your router's. This signal can still be interfered with from nearby wireless signals. Especially if those wireless networks are running on the same wireless channel. In the case of your PLAYBAR and SUB, they are using 5 ghz antennas for higher bandwidth streaming which is needed to handle the low-latency TV audio.