Answered

Sub x 2

• 26 January 2020
  • 10 replies

I want to set up two subs in my living room surround sound, can this be done?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 January 2020, 22:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Not currently, no, but it’s been requested before. 

Badge

Not currently, no, but it’s been requested before. 

Does anyone know if dual subwoofer support in one room, or in a 5.2 configuration are on the roadmap now that S2 has launched? The beta closed before I could get that feedback in for the overall upgrade.

Sonos, for better or worse, doesn’t share their roadmap for future enhancements, in most cases. That being said, people have been requesting this functionality basically since the Sub was originally released, and so far, no implementation. I wouldn’t hold my breath, but the again Sonos has surprised me before. 

Not in a way that groups them together… 

You could set up 2 rooms in one, but in the same physical space - then play them together. They would not be aligned in a surround effects setup, but would play music and stereo sound in sync. 

Badge

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.engadget.com/amp/sonos-second-sub-gen-three-update-december-8-140037842.html

With latest S2 12.2.2 you can set up two subs:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3521?language=en_US

Userlevel 7

One of the subs needs to be a Gen 3 though…

“can now add a second Sub to their home theater setups when the subwoofers are paired with an Arc, Beam, Playbar, Playbase soundbar or its Amp product.”

“one of the subwoofers in the setup will need to be a Sub (Gen 3)”

I’ve waited so long for this. BUT, I have 2 FIVE’s and 2 SUBS.

Does this mean I have to buy an AMP or soundbar do use this second sub feature? Why not allow the FIVE’s to join the party?

“can now add a second Sub to their home theater setups when the subwoofers are paired with an Arc, Beam, Playbar, Playbase soundbar or its Amp product.”

“one of the subwoofers in the setup will need to be a Sub (Gen 3)”

I’ve waited so long for this. BUT, I have 2 FIVE’s and 2 SUBS.

Does this mean I have to buy an AMP or soundbar do use this second sub feature? Why not allow the FIVE’s to join the party?

I do understand your suggestion here and I support it, but presumably you are able to use both subs with your two Play 5’s anyway, albeit without the L/R stereo channel separation, but I would like to see this for stereo paired Sonos Fives or Play: 5’s (2nd gen) too.

Badge

Dual Subs has been added.