Sub Woofer Stops intermittently

• 28 March 2018
  • 8 replies

My subwoofer stops intermittently when playing music and then starts on. Power led is always On, just that sub-woofer stops bass. Any help would be appreciated...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Prabby. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Normally dropouts are due to wireless interference. Would you mind starting us off with submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end? This will help us get a better picture of what is happening in the wireless environment.

Thanks again in advance.
Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi. I recently had this same issue with my SUB and 2- Play 1s. It would cut out for approximately 15-20 seconds. I ended up hardwiring one of the 1s to my router and the problem has passed. Not sure if this easily accomplished in your case but it may be a quick cheap fix for you. Good luck.
Hi there, Prabby. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Normally dropouts are due to wireless interference. Would you mind starting us off with submitting a diagnostic report and replying with the confirmation number it gives at the end? This will help us get a better picture of what is happening in the wireless environment.

Thanks again in advance.

Thanks Keith, appreciate your help. Here is the confirmation no. 1383604183
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Prabby. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. It seems the PLAYBAR is having to repeat or drops about 5-18% of data being sent to the SUB. This normally points to wireless interference in the immediate surroundings of the player itself. Can you please describe the immediate surroundings of the PLAYBAR? If you happen to see anything that could be broadcasting a wireless signal move it a little further from the PLAYBAR and resubmit another diagnostic report. I'll be happy to compare and contrast the results.

Thanks again!
Hi Keith, my Playbar is connected over wifi. I have netgear orbi hooked up to Arris modem/router and they are sitting next to PLAYBAR. I also have Roku sitting closer on same TV cabinet. Is that what could be causing interference?
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
The Roku shouldn't really cause too much of a problem. Let's start with moving the router and modem away from the PLAYBAR. Afterwards, please test the audio and try to reproduce the problem. If you can, submit another diagnostic report and I'll be happy to take a look and advise.
If I connect my playbar with wire, will that resolve the issue? I am trying to avoid moving stuff.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Not really. While it will allow for the PLAYBAR to get data faster, the PLAYBAR will still have to deal with the devices broadcasting wireless signals right next to it when trying to get data to the SUB.

At this point, the best bet would be to move the router since this unit is broadcasting your wireless network. After, send another diagnostic report and I'll compare results.