1. Unplug ALL your Sonos
  2. Unplug any other wired/wireless products using your network
  3. Unplug any range extenders if in use
  4. Delete the Sonos app
  5. Check you routers Admin page for updates and install if available
  6. Reboot your router
  7. Power cycle your iOS or Android device
  8. Install the Sonos app
  9. Plug in your Sonos 1 x 1. Start with the Beam then surrounds and last the sub. Let each come back before moving to the next.
  10. Plug in other Sonos 1 x 1
  11. Plug in your other wired and wireless devices
  12. Test your Sonos
  13. If all good...plug in any range extenders that were in play
Let us know how things sort out. Cheers!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Frank B,

Thanks for reaching out. AjTrek has some great advice. If that doesn't help, please play some music through your Sonos system which should have some bass. Then, submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number. I'll take a look to see why the Sub isn't playing.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks for the report. There are wireless communication errors between your Sub and Beam. This is usually caused by wireless electronics using the 5 ghz band. Look around and in between your home theater speakers for any third party electronics which could cause interference. Common sources include cordless phone bases, wireless cameras, wireless printers and third party wireless speakers. Try moving away any such devices you find.
i have wireless cameras which are nowhere near my beam and sub and the cameras were here long before my Sonos equipment which worked fine for months. Other than that nothing around
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
@Frank B You can try powering those off as a test, the wireless channels used may have changed. If that doesn't help, it's probably best to continue troubleshooting live with our phone team. You can find our number here.

Diagnostic: 764870942

have sonos through out the house. Added sub - no problem. Calibrated - no problem. Play music - no sub. Disconnected and reconnected and recalibrated the sub a couple of times. No bass. please help...

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@RiseUP33 Sorry for the late response. According to The diagnostic report you have submitted, it looks like the Sub is not listed in your Sonos system. If you are still having issues, try factory resetting the unit and try another attempt to add it back as a new product.

Badge

I love my $700 paperweight

Same issue. Sub isn’t working. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Klouda.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

Can you please tell me more about what's going on with your Sonos sub so that we can come up with the easiest fix?

Base on the diagnostic report the Sub is still online, doest it randomly reboot?

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Same here. It works in combination with only the Sonos one surround but not with my beam. It worked before but suddenly stopped working. So the sub don’t give sound.

Diagnose: 842691202

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Kraaitje.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community and providing the diagnostic report number.

Upon checking on the diag. the Sub is still online, Can you try to enable to wifi feature of the sub, sometimes it causes some irregularities when the wifi feature is disabled on a speaker.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

The sub WiFi is enabled but no luck

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Kraaitje.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Can you try network refresh, by unplugging all Sonos devices, then rebooting the router? When the router comes back up, plug back in the Sonos devices.

If still no luck, I recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Hello. I’m having the same issue as everyone else. My sub no longer works. I have removed from it and factory reset it but unfortunately no sound.  I also rebooted my network. Here is the diagnostic report number 2046119574

I then unplugged each sonos rebooted the network, deleted the app, then plugged back in each sonos. All sonos work except sub.  Here is a new diagnostic report number 409295344

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Stocktont.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me try to assist you.

I’ve checked the recent diagnostic report it's still online but like you said it doesn't produce any sound.

Since the factory data reset didn't solve the issue. I would like to recommend calling our customer phone support on this so you can be assisted with more thorough and in-depth troubleshooting steps as well as remote diagnostics that can be remotely gathered from your Sonos devices with your permission. 

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Did anyone find a solution for this puzzle?

Userlevel 7

@RichardStout 

What puzzle are you referring to?

I have the same issue, currently have a playbar in living room, play 1 in kitchen and another in bedroom (all wireless). I can only manage to get the sub to connect via wired to the router, and even then when i add it to either of the play 1’s it works, but if i add it to the playbar, it says added, but theres no sound from the sub… I havent been able to get the sub connected wirelessly at all after trying everything, as soon as i take the cable out (when paired with the play1) it just disconnects.

Contacted sonos who had me on the phone doing the exact same tests ive already done for hours, to be told its probably the wireless card in the sub and that because its 3 years old id have to pay £450 for a replacement!!!! WTF

Its an absolute joke!

If the wireless card is dead, would that be why it doesnt have any sound when connected to the playbar? because i dont see why it would work with the play 1 but not the playbar.

Im so fuming, a 3 year old £799 product that is designed for wireless music shouldnt just fail...

My sub no longer works. I have removed from it and factory reset it 
but unfortunately no sound.  I also rebooted my network. 
Here is the diagnostic report number:39580312

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @wcepedaasub, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m not seeing any obvious issues in the diagnostic, aside from a little wireless noise in the 5GHz range, nothing that should be preventing the Sub from working however.

Would it be possible to test the Sub connected to the Playbase rather than the Playbar? Another option would be to test wiring the Sub directly to the Playbar via Ethernet cable (you would need to leave the Playbar connected to the router however), which would rule out interference as an issue.

Let us know how you get on :)

3 month old sub having same issues as everyone else. Not interested in being told its defective and paying to fix it like others have so contemplating getting money back and going for wired system. nothing worse than unreliable IT garbage

3 month old sub having same issues as everyone else. Not interested in being told its defective and paying to fix it like others have so contemplating getting money back and going for wired system. nothing worse than unreliable IT garbage

You can contact Sonos Sales and arrange your return via this link:

https://support.sonos.com/s/global-sales-help