Question

Sub keeps cutting out + Sonos One not showing as wired instead of wireless.

Hi all,

Wanted some help figuring out this issue. I have 4 Sonos Ones and a Sub throughout the house. In the office, I disabled wifi for that speaker in the Sonos app and connected it via Ethernet cable > Switch - Eero Pro, but it still shows as being connected via wifi vs wired under connection detail in the Eero app.

My sub also cuts out and back in during songs for no real reason. Tried rebooting my system multiple times, no luck.

I’ve submitted diagnostics and my confirmation number is 1975283954.

Thanks in advance for any help/advice provided.

12 replies

Bumping in hopes of having this looked at.

Hello @stockbuyer and welcome to the Sonos Community.

Thank you for providing the diagnostic. Since the wireless has been disabled, it is preventing Sonosnet from going out to the rest of your system. Please enable the wireless and see if that helps the Sub from cutting in and out.

Hello @stockbuyer and welcome to the Sonos Community.

Thank you for providing the diagnostic. Since the wireless has been disabled, it is preventing Sonosnet from going out to the rest of your system. Please enable the wireless and see if that helps the Sub from cutting in and out.

Hi David, 

Hope all is well.

Didn’t notice that you replied, thank you! Unfortunately, i’ve enabled wireless and updated the app and still have the issue which is a bit frustrating. As I type this, the Office speaker cut out lol.

Sorry for the late response @stockbuyer 

Can you send me a diagnostic so I can see what is causing the audio cutouts?

Sorry for the late response @stockbuyer 

Can you send me a diagnostic so I can see what is causing the audio cutouts?

Hi David,

No worries. I just made this report a moment ago for you to see. 1497268781

The other day, I unplugged everything, plugged in the One in my office first so SonosNet would be enabled then plugged in the rest of the speakers after. Thought that remedied everything but the random dropout issue still exists as of yesterday afternoon. 

I see from the report that Apple Music keeps losing connection as well as saying that the account is corrupted. Usually removing the music service account from the Sonos app and re-link it to your system helps with the issue. Try these steps and let me know if that stops the audio cutouts.

I see from the report that Apple Music keeps losing connection as well as saying that the account is corrupted. Usually removing the music service account from the Sonos app and re-link it to your system helps with the issue. Try these steps and let me know if that stops the audio cutouts.

Removed and readded Apple Music per your suggestion. Living Room + Sub have cut out as I type this. New report #2129848472

Thank you for trying out those steps. I am not seeing the errors from Apple Music anymore but I am seeing that there is a lot of interference around the living room paired speakers. It seems like something is disrupting the communication from the rest of the Sonos system to the living room speakers. I need to know of the environment that the speakers are in as well as the devices near those particular speakers.

Ok. Would I be able to send you a rough sketch of my apartment layout via message? I could write it all here, but think an illustration might be more helpful for you.

I hit the answer check instead of the thumbs up by accident, sorry.

Problem is back specifically with the sub. Seems the mod/rep is no longer in this thread, can anyone else assist?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @stockbuyer.

Thanks for reaching out and I’d be glad to assist you further.

Sorry to hear that the problem returned, but let’s try to figure this out.

Kindly submit a new diagnostic report, and reply with the confirmation number.

I'd start by reviewing your system and see if there’s anything causing this issue.

If you have any other questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out.