sub gen 3 will not connect to arc

• 8 June 2021
  • 5 replies

I have:

Zyxel router where Wi-Fi has been disabled. From zyxel goes a cable to DECO M9 PLUS. From Deco goes a cable to Sonos Boost.

All Sonos products (2*five, 1*3, 1*symfonisk, 1*Arc) are connected via Boost (WM: 0)

I have tried to connect Sub (gen 3). In the end of the setup it says the Sub has been added but might not be shown. Turn it off and on again.…

But nothing happens. It will not connect. Find missing products does not help.

Diagnostic: 179467386

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Be sure WiFi is enabled on the Arc in the Sonos app. You can also try unplugging the Arc and Sub from power for about a minute and rebooting the router.

Thank you for your swift reply. Wi-Fi is enabled, and I have tried both the resetting, unplugging, and rebooting. I never get to the point where I should add Sub to Arc. It never shows on my system.

I have tried both “add product” from System and  “connect sub" from the room where the Arc is installed. No luck 👎

Userlevel 7

Sonos products can sometimes have issues with mesh WiFi systems. What if you wire the Boost directly to the main router rather than the Deco? Does enabling WiFi on the router change anything?

Be sure WiFi is enabled on the Arc in the Sonos app. You can also try unplugging the Arc and Sub from power for about a minute and rebooting the router.

I have marked the question as answered, how can I undo this? Do I have to post the question again to get more answers?

Most folks who respond in these forums ignore the “it’s been answered” flag anyway, and will post. However, I’ve posted a response on the other thread you’ve opened already.