Answered

Sub Gen 3 audio cutting out for 5-20 seconds repeatedly.

• 19 February 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello everyone,

I have a sonos 5.1 (Arc, 2 One SL, Sub) setup in a living room, and we have been noticing while listening to music via streaming from an app (Apple Music, Spotify) from within the sonos app, the sub audio stream cuts out for a varying period of time before coming back in. Doesn't seem to happen while watching movies or tv shows probably because the stream comes from the eARC rather than the internet.

Things ive tried:

*Changing the location of the sub to see if interference was a cause while all wireless mode.

*Switching from a wireless setup to a wired setup (Arc wired to router, all others wireless on sonos net).

*Switching to 2 wired (Arc and Sub wired, all other on sonos net)

*Changing sonos net channel (Tried all 3, no fix)

*Factory resetting Sub and re-adding to group (Both wired and wireless setups)

*Resetting router

Even with both the Sub and Arc wired, the sub still cuts out so I don't think interference is still a problem. Also all the things i tried had the Arc as the primary “sonos net” hub. 

Diagnostic Report: 2112497457 (I read somewhere that the report is for the past 10-15 minutes, so if this is true, this report has at least 5 instances of the sub cutting out)

icon

Best answer by buzz 19 February 2022, 19:00

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Try this:

Unbond the Sub from the Arc. Unplug the Arc and Sub from power for a couple of minutes. Reboot your router. Connect only the Arc to your router with an ethernet cable and plug the Arc and Sub back in. After the Arc and Sub are connected to the network, bond the Sub to the Arc. Make sure WiFi is enabled on both the Arc and Sub in the Sonos app and test. Try the different SonosNet channels with this setup too.

You are connect that micro detailed diagnostic data scrolls out of view after a while. Also, Factory Reset trashes diagnostic data. Reboot deletes most diagnostic data. I suggest that you refrain from Factory Reset without further consult.

You may have a duplicate IP address. In most cases these can be cleared by shutting down everything on your network, then restarting in the following order:

Modem, if present
Gateway/Router
Network switches, if any
Access points, if any
NAS drive, if any
Wired SONOS
Wireless SONOS
Everything else

Allow each step to complete before moving to the next step

You may or may not have had a duplicate IP address, but unless you configured a device with a fixed IP address, there will not likely be any duplicates now.

At this point you should “reserve” (some routers might call this “fixed”) IP addresses for all regular network clients, This will minimize the risk of future duplicates.