Question

Sub Drop outs.

• 2 January 2021
  • 1 reply

I’ve got a Gen 2 sub connected to an amp and whilst listening to the tv i get continuos drop outs from the sub. Not sure its dropping of the network as it goes off and on really quickly. To be honest i havent had a chance to test if it drops whilst streaming music.

I’ve sent in diagnostics and my number is 1722571753

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @jamiegreenlees.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for submitting a diagnostic. I understand that you are having audio cuts with your Sub. Let me help you out with that.

Based on the provided diagnostic, The Sonos Amp (Living Room) have Wifi Disabled. I would like to suggest turning it back on by going to settings » system » Livingroom » Amp and please enable Wifi. This is for the Sonos Amp to directly communicate with the Sonos Sub. Having this feature disabled means that the Sonos Amp does not directly communicate with the Sonos Sub which may create audio cuts, audio delays, or audio skips. Once Wifi has been successfully enabled, we may want to reboot the Sonos Sub by unplugging them from power and plugging them back into power after 10-15 seconds.

I hope this helps.

please let us know how it goes and keep me posted.

Thanks,