sub cutting out

My sub has recently started cutting out. Any tips or tricks to help fix

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

Hi, I am also having the same problem, Sonos Sub does not seem to work most of the time. I have it in a lounge set-up with PlayBar and 2x Play1’s. 8481064 is my diagnostics number.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, ryan10987. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. Based on the diagnostic report, I am seeing quite a bit of physical electronic interference that is causing the SUB some grief. Can you describe the immediate area around the SUB? Normally physical electronic interference is created by large electronic devices, such as home theater amplifiers, etc.

Thanks!
Hi,

Since I made the post it has been improved, the Sub is beside the TV and near the playbar 40cm to the right level with top of the Sub, which are the only large device near it within 2 meters there is nothing else and nothing obstructing the path between the Wi-fi router or to the playbar outside 2meters it is only really one electrical heater and another tv on side of a wall.

Thanks,

Ryan
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Interesting. Since it has since improved, I'd be happy to take a look at a new diagnostic report to compare results. Has anything changed since your post? Router updates?
Interesting. Since it has since improved, I'd be happy to take a look at a new diagnostic report to compare results. Has anything changed since your post? Router updates?

No, no router update, change of equipment, movement of anything in the room... diagnostic from today is 8505255.

Thanks
Badge
Hello, everyone! This issue has been plaguing me since the day I purchased my Sonos setup a little over a year ago. After testing and failing with channel troubleshooting, and disabling the 5GHz band all together, I had all but given up hope... Until last night. For grins, I decided to change the DHCP lease time from its default setting to 120 seconds. After applying the settings to the router, I began seeing a pattern of the SUB dropping out and rebooting. I went back into the router and extended the lease time and sure enough, it followed that pattern. I currently have the lease time maxed out at 2147483647 seconds and have not had a dropout since. This is not a confirmed fix, and additional testing is needed, but the pattern is hard to ignore. This isn't something that has been discussed in any of the threads I've read, so I thought it may be an avenue worth exploring. I also find it interesting that my PLAYBAR (bonded with the SUB) and multiple PLAY:1s didn't drop out at all when the SUB did. Maybe this will turn out to be a coding issue that can be patched.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
ryan10987: Thanks for the fresh diagnostic. Certainly looks better. The Kitchen still looks a little spotty, but if it sounds good- you should be fine.
Hi, I have an intermittent issue where my sub cuts out of less than a second repeatedly. Sometimes it stops. Here is my diagnostic number if anyone can help! Thanks 264685521
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I have an intermittent issue where my sub cuts out of less than a second repeatedly. Sometimes it stops. Here is my diagnostic number if anyone can help! Thanks 264685521

Thanks for sending in the report. You've disabled the wireless on your Playbar which is required in order for the Playbar to send audio to your Sub. The Play:1s only work because they are wired into the network. You'll need to either enable the wireless on the Playbar or wire in the Sub as well.
Excellent thanks! I didn’t realise I had it disabled :?
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Excellent thanks! I didn’t realise I had it disabled :?

No problem. Let me know if you run into any more issues.
Hi, since reenabling the WiFi I am now getting intermittent poor sound quality on my playbar on TV. The tv is an LG Oled connected via optical. It’s only occasional, but it’s a kind of digital distortion. Hard to explain. I’ve submitted another set of diagnostics. The number is 109607310. Any suggestions gratefully received! Thanks
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I noticed this issue when playing PS4, with Sub dropping out and sound was weaker. I have Playbar, Sub and two rear play 1's (these aren't on unless we watch movies).

It has started when watching TV, any ideas would be great as its very irritating with a significant drop in sound quality,

Sub is connected via wifi, with Playbar on optical of TV, never had issues before only started in last few months.

diagnostic reference: 1196559141.

Any help would be great,