Sub cutting in and out, sometimes taking pair of rear Play 1's with it.

• 25 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Been there done that with everything I have read with other people submitting the same issue.  Newer top of the line router, speakers are 5 to 20 feet from Mesh router.  Still same, cutting in and out randomly. Have power cycled, removed the sub and added back in, have reset router (Power Cycle), always seems to come back.  Sometimes will go weeks or days with out the cut in/out.  But of course it always happens when you have friends over..lol

I’ve read others with direct wiring with Ethernet cable and shutting off wifi to each speaker, and the issue is still there. 

Diagnostic report# 1676228203

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

When you switched to SonosNet (ethernet) mode and wired one Sonos device (not a surround or Sub) to the Primary WiFi mesh hub only, did you also consider the following:

1. Remove the mesh WiFi credentials in "Settings/System/Network/Manage Networks” in the Sonos App
  2. Set the SonosNet channel in the Sonos App so it’s at least 5+ channels away from those in use by the Mesh system.
  3. Set the wired Sonos device, so it was at least 3 or 4+ feet away from the primary mesh hub, or any other wireless devices 

My whole house is Sonos, the only room I have any issues is with the room with the SUB.  Not even my Move has ever had any issues in the garage.  Everything is back to Wifi except my Playbar in the same room as the SUB.  In all cases the cutting out still is there.  I removed the wifi settings on the Playbar in the App.  3 different Routers, 2 of the 3 were Mesh, 1 was not, just a basic Router from Comcast..All 3 same results.  Random cutting in and out. I think there is some somewhere issues in a room with the Sub in it.

My whole house is Sonos, the only room I have any issues is with the room with the SUB.  Not even my Move has ever had any issues in the garage.  Everything is back to Wifi except my Playbar in the same room as the SUB.  In all cases the cutting out still is there.  I removed the wifi settings on the Playbar in the App.  3 different Routers, 2 of the 3 were Mesh, 1 was not, just a basic Router from Comcast..All 3 same results.  Random cutting in and out. I think there is some somewhere issues in a room with the Sub in it.

In your Sonos App can you take a look at "Settings/System/About My System” and see what wireless mode (WM:0/1/2) your Playbar and Sub are showing in the list? 

Thanks for your help in advanced,  I've gone on circles trying to revolve this. 

Every thing in my house says WM:0, except my Move, it said WM:1

Jerry

Thanks for your help in advanced,  I've gone on circles trying to revolve this. 

Every thing in my house says WM:0, except my Move, it said WM:1

Jerry

As you have the Move running on WiFi, you can ignore the first step in my original post above. Have you tried steps 2 and 3? (reiterated below).

2. Set the SonosNet channel in the Sonos App so it’s at least 5+ channels away from those in use by your Mesh system.

3. Set the wired Sonos device, so it was at least 3 or 4+ feet away from the primary mesh hub, or any other wireless devices 

Note: Only wire the one Sonos device to the primary mesh hub only. It’s also worth rebooting your players after you have reconfigured the setup.