Answered

Sub Cutting In and out

• 24 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Diagnostics- 315833212

Up until recently everything was working fine. Nothing has changed in the system or surrounding devices. The sub cutting in and out during 5.1, surrounds still playing though. 

I’ve hardwired the playbar, and that didn’t seem to help. I’ve also restarted the router which reduces how often it happens, but it still occurs.

There are no 5ghz items within 10 feet of the playbar except for the WiFi range extender which is running on a different channel than sonos net. 

Any thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Paul A 24 October 2020, 17:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @smh0410.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for submitting a diagnostic. I understand where you’re coming from. Let me help you out with that.

Based on the provided diagnostic, The Sonos Playbar (Living Room) have Wifi Disabled. I would like to suggest turning it back on bu going to settings » system » Livingroom » Playbar and please enable Wifi. This is for the Sonos Playbar to directly communicate with the Sonos Sub and surrounds. Having this feature disabled means that the Sonos Playbar does not directly communicate with the Sonos Sub and surrounds which may create audio cuts, audio delays, or audio skips. Once Wifi has been successfully enabled, we may want to reboot the Sonos Sub and surrounds by unplugging them from power and plugging them back into power after 10-15 seconds.

I hope this helps.

please let us know how it goes. We are always here to help.

Thanks,

That seems to have done the trick! 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @smh0410.

Thanks for the update and immediate response.

I’m glad that everything is back to normal and working again. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos. As long as the Wifi is enabled on your main Sonos home theater speaker, the Sub and surrounds can communicate directly to that Sonos device.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,